- It is an antiseptic and an anti-inflammatory
- Turmeric powder helps in treating pimples by removing excess oil
- Turmeric powder is an effective cure for dark circles
1. Soothes dry skin: You can make a quick face pack with half a teaspoon of turmeric, 1 tablespoon of fresh cream and few drops of rose water. This face masks helps in naturally moisturizing your skin and makes it soft.
2. Improves uneven skin tone: All you need are just three basic ingredients - 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Mix all together to make a face mask. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 20-20 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water to reveal bright and glowing skin.
3. Treats acne: Turmeric powder helps in treating pimples by removing excess oil and destroying the bacteria due to its antimicrobial properties. Mix turmeric with some coconut oil and apply on the affected area. Let it stay for 15 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water.
4. Removes tan: Using turmeric can be a great way to get rid of sun tan. Make a mix of 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon tomato puree and 1 tablespoon yogurt. Apply this on tanned skin and let it dry. Later, wash with water. You will see a difference in just two-three applications.
6. Skin tightening and anti-ageing benefits: As you age, so does your skin and it tends to become saggy and wrinkly. Turmeric is known for its powerful anti-ageing effects. For this, you can make a mask with egg white (from one egg), 1 tablespoon of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Apply it on your face and skin and then wash off. Turmeric is a great antioxidant and it helps in repairing the damage to the skin's epidermis.
7. Exfoliator: Turmeric acts as a great exfoliater. It helps in removing blackheads and dead skin cells. Just apply a smooth paste of turmeric and milk and scrub gently. You can do this at least twice a week to keep your skin clean and smooth.
One simple ingredient and so many ways to use it. Turmeric is definitely a must-have - not just in your kitchen but also as part of your treasure trove of natural beauty remedies.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.