- Children who experience anxiety may not make eye contact with others
- Kids do so whenever they associat fear to a person, notes a study
- Ayurveda suggests common ways through which anxiety can easily be managed
Anxiety in childhood can manifest in multiple ways, while at times it could just be an outcome of the inability to tackle stress or a bad experience at school, talking to your child and understanding the root cause will help a great deal in redressing your kid's anxious behavior. Encourage your child to make friends, talk and interact; help him/her indulge in extracurricular activities. Ayurveda suggests common ways through which anxiety can easily be managed.
"Anxiety is primarily due to the aggravation of vata dosha in the nervous system. To heal anxiety we have to balance vata," notes Vasant Lad in his book, The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies. The book also states some common, fuss-free remedies that can help manage anxiety, take a look -
- For anxiety coupled with a fast heart rate, combine orange juice with 1 tsp honey and a pinch of nutmeg powder.
- Almond milk helps in eliminating anxiety. You can easily make this at home by soaking raw almonds overnight. Take soaked almonds, mix with one cup of milk, a pinch of nutmeg, saffron and ginger - blend well in a mixer.
- Take 1/3 cup of ginger and 1/3 cup baking soda and add in a tubful of water. Sit in the water for around 15 minutes before taking a bath.
Get in touch with a certified Ayurveda expert to learn more ways to tackle anxiety naturally.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.