Mangalore: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today slammed Pakistan for the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh and said the government had failed to give a strong response to Islamabad for its "inhuman acts".
Mr Modi made the remarks at a public rally in Mangalore, where he was campaigning ahead of the Karnataka assembly elections.
Highlights from his speech:
- Sarabjit Singh's extra-judicial killing is yet another grim reminder that expecting Pakistan to follow due process of law in any sphere is futile.
- The Centre is unable to give a strong answer to Pakistan's inhuman acts. The beheading of our soldiers and now Sarabjit's death are two recent examples.
- Both the Government of India & Government of Pakistan have misled the people on the Sarabjit Singh issue. The truth must come out.
- Sarabjit Singh's demise is very sad. May his soul rest in peace. May God give strength to his family to bear this loss.
- (On Chinese incursion in Ladakh) China is making tents, making roads and the government does not know how to deal with the situation.
- Can we trust this government?