New Delhi: The Supreme Court has pulled up the government for seeking modification of its order on black money on disclosing names of alleged account holders in foreign banks. It has directed the Centre to place before it names of all alleged Indian account holders in foreign banks by Wednesday. This is what the judges said:
- We won't change even a word of our order.
- New regime at the Centre can't ask for modification of order when it was passed in an open court and accepted by the government.
- You do not do anything. Just pass information of account holders to us and we will pass order for further probe.
- Why are you providing protective umbrella to foreign bank account holders?
- We can't leave the issue of bringing back black money to government. It will never happen during our time.
- You do not have to take interest in people (having foreign bank accounts), the SIT (Special Investigation Team) will take care of it.