The minister sustained injuries on his legs when the lift wire snapped as he was getting down from third floor of Sanjeevani Hospital.
A police constable and a photographer accompanying him were also injured.
The minister was treated at the same private hospital where he had gone to call on those affected by carbon monoxide gas leak in a factory in East Godavari district.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.