- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi in Puducherry
- I came here to see what has happened with my own eyes.
- It's very important that instead of doing politics at this time, we should make sure people of Puducherry and Tamil Nadu are given relief.
As the state limps back to normalcy, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj posted a tweet that would help many.
If your passport is lost or damaged in floods, pl go to any of three PSKs in Chennai. They will issue u fresh passport free of charge. Pl RT- Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) December 7, 2015
- Rs 10,000 for those who lost their huts in Chennai rains.
- The chief minister sanctions 10,000 new dwellings.
A woman in her ninth-month of pregnancy, who was air-lifted last week from one of the worst rain-affected areas in Chennai, has given birth to healthy twin girls at a hospital in the city.
With water receding in most parts of this rain-battered city and its suburbs, the focus is now on clearing the various areas of the waste and muck left behind along with rehabilitation of affected people.
Chennai airport resumed 24-hour operations for both domestic and international flights today. So far, only Air India, Jet airways and Indigo have announced flight schedules for the day.
- MET forecasts moderate rains in Chennai today.
- Some places in Chennai may receive high rainfall.
- Coastal Tamil Nadu to receive widespread rains today.
- Dawn to dusk domestic operations resume at Chennai airport
- Only Air India and Jet resume operations today. Just 4 flights to take off from Chennai today
- International and round the clock operations expected in 2 days
- Radars, navigation equipment damaged in floods
- Airforce radar in place as support equipment
- Rains in several pockets of Chennai
- MET forecasts moderate rains in Chennai
- Heavy rain forecast for Coastal Tamil Nadu
- Low pressure trough moves between Kanyakumari and Sri Lanka
- Flight services to resume from 10 AM at Chennai airport
- Flight services only during the day
- Night flights unlikely to resume today.
- People taking shelter in auto rickshaws in Aminjikarai area
- Rescue over in many areas, relief is focus
- Fear of water-borne diseases, anger at politicians
- Airport to resume commercial operations today
Domestic passenger flights to resume from Chennai airport from 6am tomorrow, decision on night operations tomorrow, says Airports Authority of India: Press Trust of India
- Light rains forecast in Chennai and Coastal Tamil Nadu today
- Trough of Low pressure moving westward from Bay of Bengal towards Arabian sea.
- Chennai receives up to 4.5 cm rain in 12 hours till 8:30 am this morning
- Chennai airport opens for limited flights for relief supplies
- Four relief aircrafts take off from Chennai airport; relief choppoers land too
- Limited commercail flight operations will resume after power supply is restored
- Tamilnadu Electricity authorites: Power supply restored to airport, they have internal issues
Arakkonam operating as an aircraft coordination airfield, over 100 flights in & out of Arakkonam have already taken place
- Power supply remains suspended in badly waterlogged area due to safety reasons
- In many area water has entered in power transformers
- Partial restoration of telecommunication and train services,
- Telephone landline services were being restored
- Water levels of Adyar and Cooum rivers are down
98403 87510, 98409 07494, 94439 44908
- Long queues at ATM machines, petrol pumps, power restored in 80 per cent area. Safe drinking water biggest problem
- Connectivity remains a huge challenge with power off and weak mobile signals in most areas
- Many areas are still waterlogged. Velachery, Munipakkam, Thoraipakkam, Tambaram, Sholinganallur all under water
- There is a shortage of around 3 lakh litres of milk as the city requires at least 11.5 lakh litres, say government sources. The arrangements are being made from the neighbouring districts