The festival of lights Diwali is here. And we can't wait to deck ourselves in the best clothes and accessories and make most of the festive celebrations. But in the midst of all the dressing up and accessorizing don't make the blunder of missing out on tending to your skin. After all, it is your radiant skin that is going to help you shine bright this season. With these handy tips, nothing can stop you from glowing through the Diwali 2020 celebrations.
Skincare tips for Diwali 2020:
1. While we know you can't wait to dig into the festive delicacies, try to keep a note of what you put on your plate. Eat fresh fruits, greens, sufficient protein and vitamins. A diet rich in vitamin C and Vitamin E promotes radiant skin.
2. Limit your sugar intake, it will help keep insulin levels down, allowing cells to maintain a healthy balance.
3. Keep a check on your fried food intake too. Overdosage of fried and sugary foods can lead to breakouts, weight gain, dull-looking skin and allergies too. Don't overfill your plates with the fried delicacies, exercise portion control. Enjoy them all but in limited portions and glow through the celebrations.
4. Hydrate yourself. Drink lots of water daily, at least 8 glasses if not more. Also, eats fruits and vegetables that have a high water content such as watermelon, cucumber, orange, strawberry, grapefruit and cantaloupe. Ayurvedic physician, Vasant Lad recommends to "drink water from a blue coloured bottle", since it has a cooling effect.
5. Try to sleep at least 8 hours every night. If you don't get enough shut eye, your skin gets tired just like you - it sags. So don't risk it. You can also apply honey on your face twice or thrice a week to naturally soothe and heal your skin.
6. Have a regular skin care regimen. "For dry skin, use a fresh cherry mask. Apply the pulp of fresh cherries on your face before going to bed. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water", mentions Vasant Lad in his book 'The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies'
7. Cleanse your face at the beginning and end of the day. Remove all make-up before you go to sleep.
8. A healthy scrub bath on the morning of Diwali can bring out your natural glow. Natural scrubs help in exfoliating dead skin cells and stimulating blood circulation, which gives a fresh look.
(With Inputs from IANS)