16 Students Fall Sick After Eating Food At Private School In Mumbai

The Class 7 students and the staff member ate food (dal khichdi) served to them at the Sahyadri Vidya Mandir in suburban Bhandup following which they complained of stomachache.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
16 Students Fall Sick After Eating Food At Private School In Mumbai

The students and the school staffer were responding to the treatment (Representational)


Mumbai: 

At least 16 students and a staff member of a private school in Mumbai were hospitalised today due to suspected food poisoning, a civic official said.

The Class 7 students and the staff member ate food (dal khichdi) served to them at the Sahyadri Vidya Mandir in suburban Bhandup following which they complained of stomachache.

They were admitted to a hospital in Mulund, the official of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation said.

The students -- 12 girls and four boys -- and the school staffer were responding to the treatment and will be kept under observation for 24 hours, a doctor attending them said.

Food poisoning is suspected to be the cause of the illness, the civic official said, adding that an inquiry would be conducted into the matter.

On August 10, a female student of a civic-run school in Govandi area in Mumbai died while over 400 other students were hospitalised due to suspected poisoning after they took iron-boosting medicines given by the school.



Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................