Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in his parliamentary constituency Varanasi today. He visited Kanpur and Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh and unveiled multiple development projects. During his visit to Varanasi, PM Modi visited the Kashi Vishwanath Temple and lay the foundation stone of an approach road to the temple. He will also inspect the project site and attend the National Women Livelihood Meet, 2019 at Deendayal Hastkala Sankul. In Kanpur, he unveiled the Panki Power Plant and inaugurate a section of the Lucknow Metro Rail through a video link. He is also expected to lay the foundation stone for the Agra Metro Rail Project as well as address a gathering.
In Ghaziabad, PM Modi inaugurated the Dilshad Garden- Shaheed Sthal (New Bus Adda) section of the metro and flag-off a train from Shaheed Sthal station.
Here are the highlights on PM Modi's visits to Varanasi, Kanpur and Ghaziabad:
Ghaziabad: Prime Minister Narendra Modi flags off metro services (extension of the Delhi Metro's Red Line ) between Dilshad Garden in Delhi to New Bus Adda in Ghaziabad. pic.twitter.com/UqXcrNDHW0- ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 8, 2019
- The foundation of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional rapid transit system today will be a new dimension in the country's urban infrastructure. It will be the country's first RRTS, becoming at a cost of Rs 30 thousand crore. Both rapid rail and Metro trains will run
- Today, we launched the Lucknow, Agra, Ghaziabad Metro projects
- The new Metro route will be used in Noida tomorrow
- The Nagpur Metro started yesterday
- The Ahmedabad Metro also happened this week
- Foundation stone for multiple development projects in Union minister and BJP leader V K Singh's Lok Sabha constituency were laid, including an Integrated Traffic Management System (ITMS), the first phase of a 45-metre wide northern peripheral road and outer ring road, among others
Ghaziabad: Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates Hindon Airbase for commercial use. UP CM Yogi Adityanath & UP Governor Ram Naik also present. pic.twitter.com/ZosDfHJk56- ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 8, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches several development projects, in Kanpur. pic.twitter.com/wZeo5b5xiW- ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 8, 2019
- With a cost of around 6 thousand crore rupees, the expansion of the Hydro power Project will begin today. The electricity which will be available in less than half the price and also decreases pollution: PM Modi
- Under the good luck plan, over 76 lakh people have been given a free connection to power. In Kanpur itself, the power connection has been made available to over 1.5 lakh homes
- We have launched a campaign to close and treat the dirt that goes into river Ganges through the drains
- The work to treat the water of the Jamuau tannery also begins today. We're also trying to prevent the dirty waters of Sisamau, one of Asia's largest drains, from reaching the Ganges
- Our government has also made a special plan for the leather industry under the Namami Gange campaign. Under the scheme, the foundation of a large plant has been laid to clean the water emanating from leather industries today. It would stop the 2 million litres of dirty water from going to the Ganga every day
- Trying to set up a network of road, highway, expressway, railway, airway's in UP. Metro facilities are also being prepared. Several metro projects in up, including Kanpur Metro, have been approved by the central government
- The country has seen what our heroes have shown after the Pulwama attack. But it is very sad that people at home are only constantly trying to degrade the mighty forces. Like Pakistan, such things are going elsewhere
- Vishwanath Dham is a project I've been thinking about for a long time.
- I've come to Kashi even before I was in active politics.
- Since then I would think that one must do something for the Temple Complex.
- With the blessings of Bhole Baba, my dream has come true
- I am told the Mahashivratri celebrations this time were special in Kashi.
- We are working on projects that will improve facilities for pilgrims in Kashi.
- Enemies had their sight on Shri Kashi Vishwanath.
- Many a times it was under attack.
- But there is power in the 'Aastha' here and this great temple continues to give strength to people.
- Non-cooperation by previous government responsible for delay in start of beautification project: news agency PTI