This Article is From Mar 30, 2010

Madurai: TV gifted by govt explodes, two injured

Madurai: TV gifted by govt explodes, two injured
Madurai: A hut was totally gutted and two persons injured when a television set given under the government's free TV scheme, exploded in a house at a remote area near Madurai on Monday, police said.

They said the inmates and the neighbours were watching a programme when the TV exploded at Shivarakottai M Pandian Nagar, igniting the fire.

Electrical short circuit is suspected to be the reason for the explosion.

The two persons who tried to douse the fire have been hospitalised, police said.