17 Taken Ill After Chlorine Gas Leakage In Dehradun

The Managing Director of Jan Sansthan said an inquiry is being conducted into the incident.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
17 Taken Ill After Chlorine Gas Leakage In Dehradun

All of those taken ill are out of danger with a majority already discharged from hospitals


Dehradun:  Seventeen people, including five children, were taken ill after chlorine gas leakage from a cylinder at a water works unit of Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan in the early hours here today, a senior police official said.

Police rushed to the spot immediately and threw the leaking cylinder into water to neutralise it, SP (City) Pradeep Kumar Rai told PTI.

People living in the water works area including children, mostly sleeping at that hour, were rushed to different hospitals in the city after they complained of difficulty in breathing and some of them even fainted, Mr Kumar said.

Altogether 17 people were hospitalised out of which eight were admitted in Mahanth Indresh hospital, five in Max Hospital and four in CMI hospital, the SP said.

However, all of them are out of danger with a majority already discharged from hospitals, he said.

The Managing Director of Jan Sansthan said an inquiry is being conducted into the incident.

Residences of officials of the Jal Sansthan are located close to the water works at Dilaram Chawk.


Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................