Shiv Sena has sought to quell speculation that it is reviewing its longstanding alliance with the BJP after arch rival MNS declared that it would challenge the Sena in all seats in the general elections, but will support Narendra Modi's candidacy as PM.
- Nitish loses two confidantes, one of them a minister, to the BJP
- Included in DMK manifesto: no "bashing" of other parties
- After Kejriwal, now Rahul Gandhi in Narendra Modi's Gujarat
- GJM opposes Bhaichung Bhutia's Lok Sabha candidature from Darjeeling
- In Bangalore, where Anna rallies were hits, AAP hopes for support
- Vote 2014: Amar Singh's move upsets local calculations
Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Arvind Kejriwal's Gujarat tour and the clashes in Delhi.
Modi's national aspiration couldn't be ignored after he registered a third successive win in Gujarat's Assembly elections.
In his first election, the 45-year-old activist turned politician defeated incumbent chief minister Sheila Dikshit in her on constituency by some 22,000 votes.
The former actor, with roles in nearly 150 films, has inked a partnership of his Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) with the BJP.
PM for a Day
If you were made Prime Minister for a day, what would your priority be? Share your video message using the form below and we'll air the best ones on NDTV.
Google India has released the findings of a survey conducted to understand the impact of the Internet on the general elections this year.
As the country prepares for general elections, due in May, here are some details pertaining to the voter enrollment process.