The police, who stopped Mr Kejriwal about two kilometres from Mr Modi's home, said he could not proceed till he was granted an appointment. Mr Kejriwal's close aide, Manish Sisodia, was then escorted by a police officer to Mr Modi's office to request a meeting.
- 'BJP targeting Kejriwal in Gujarat', AAP complains to Election Commission
- Narendra Modi vs MM Joshi: BJP's internal battle in Varanasi
- 'Not that he is my son but...': In Karnataka, election time is family time
- The whole country knows BJP's character, says Akhilesh | Read
- RSS to sue Rahul Gandhi for linking it to Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- NTR's daughter wants to join BJP, another strike for Congress
"Modi made an attempt to divert public attention from the real issues and a drama was enacted to make it seem like Kejriwal is a law-breaker and does not respect the model code of conduct of the Election Commission."
- Blog: In Gujarat, chai with Arvind Kejriwal at a dhaba
- Op-ed: Modi's immediate future in the hands of UP, Bihar
- Mani-Talk: The BJP's first and lasting mistake
- Blog: Why Facebook matters in this election
- Blog: With speech to industry, Kejriwal makes his case
- Op-ed: First time voters can script India story
Modi's national aspiration couldn't be ignored after he registered a third successive win in Gujarat's Assembly elections.
In his first election, the 45-year-old activist turned politician defeated incumbent chief minister Sheila Dikshit in her on constituency by some 22,000 votes.
Charged with three counts of murder, Amit Shah is a close aide of Narendra Modi, the BJP's candidate for prime minister.
PM for a Day
If you were made Prime Minister for a day, what would your priority be? Share your video message using the form below and we'll air the best ones on NDTV.
Google India has released the findings of a survey conducted to understand the impact of the Internet on the general elections this year.
As the country prepares for general elections, due in May, here are some details pertaining to the voter enrollment process.