Sources say Lucknow MP Lalji Tandon has made it clear that he may vacate his seat for Narendra Modi, but will not offer the same favour to party president Rajnath Singh.
- DMK chief's son Alagiri refused a ticket by his father
- Amar Singh, Jaya Prada join Ajit Singh's Rashtriya Lok Dal
- India's spend on elections could challenge US record: report
- Will contest elections but support Narendra Modi, says Raj Thackeray
- Nandan Nilekani Version 3.0: now, a politician
- Bengal's development model better than Gujarat's: Mamata
This is a way of ensuring transparent finding, writes the organiser.
- Blog: When a young Modi supporter made Kejriwal break into a smile
- Blog: An Aam Aadmi and a chartered plane
- Blog: What Arvind Kejriwal has accomplished in Gujarat
- Mani-Talk: Jayalalithaa as 'Tees Maar Khan'
- While at a police station, AAP's Ashutosh wrote this blog
- Blog: In Gujarat, chai with Arvind Kejriwal at a dhaba
Modi's national aspiration couldn't be ignored after he registered a third successive win in Gujarat's Assembly elections.
In his first election, the 45-year-old activist turned politician defeated incumbent chief minister Sheila Dikshit in her on constituency by some 22,000 votes.
The former actor, with roles in nearly 150 films, has inked a partnership of his Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) with the BJP.
PM for a Day
If you were made Prime Minister for a day, what would your priority be? Share your video message using the form below and we'll air the best ones on NDTV.
Google India has released the findings of a survey conducted to understand the impact of the Internet on the general elections this year.
As the country prepares for general elections, due in May, here are some details pertaining to the voter enrollment process.