Fake Terror Attack
-
{
- All
- News
- Videos
-
Need Constitutional Protection For Manipur's 40 Valley Seats: BJP MLA Writes To Centre
- Wednesday April 15, 2026
- India News | NDTV News Desk
Manipur BJP MLA Rajkumar Imo Singh asked the Centre to start a comprehensive crackdown on terror outfits, and sought justice for two children killed in a bomb attack while they were asleep in their house
-
www.ndtv.com
-
How David Headley's Fake Mumbai Office Masked The 26/11 Plot
- Wednesday February 25, 2026
- India News | Reported by Mukesh Singh Sengar, Edited by Ashutosh Tripathi
David Coleman Headley, who is serving a 35-year sentence in the US, operated a fake immigration office in Mumbai as part of a larger conspiracy behind the 2008 terror attacks, a supplementary chargesheet filed by anti-terror agency NIA said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
16 SIMs, 8 Phones, 1 Deadly Plot: How Pak-Backed Terror Plot Was Busted
- Sunday February 22, 2026
- India News | Reported by Mukesh Singh Sengar
The Delhi Police's Special Cell foiled a major terrorist plot in an operation that lasted 10 days. They busted a terror module linked to Pakistan's Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and arrested eight suspects. Seven of them are Bangladeshi nationals.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Pahalgam Attack Link, Fake Arrest Warrants: How 68-Year-Old Lost Rs 26 Lakh
- Tuesday September 23, 2025
- India News | Reported by Ashish Kumar Pandey
A senior citizen in Hyderabad was defrauded of Rs 26 lakh after he was tricked into believing that his name has been linked to the April 22 Pahalgam terror attack, in which 26 civilians had been killed.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
ATMs To Be Closed For 2-3 Days? Government Fact-Checks Viral Claim
- Friday May 9, 2025
- India News | Edited by Chandrajit Mitra
A false message on WhatsApp claiming ATMs will be closed for 2-3 days has been going viral. The government has fact-checked the claim and found it to be fake.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Government Debunks Reports Of Pakistani Strikes On Amritsar Military Base
- Thursday May 8, 2025
- India News | Edited by Manjiri Chitre
A fake video of the claim was also circulated on social media, with the Press Information Bureau (PIB) Fact Check division noting that the footage is from a wildfire in 2024.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
UGC Alerts Students As Fake Exam Cancellation Notice Surfaces Post Air Strikes
- Thursday May 8, 2025
- Education | Edited by Rahul Kumar
The UGC stated that all official updates are available only on the UGC website and its official social media channels. Spreading such misinformation is a punishable offence.
-
www.ndtv.com/education
-
Hania Aamir Reacts To Viral "Fake" Statement On Pahalgam Terror Attack: "Assigning Blame Without Proof Only Deepens Divides"
- Friday May 2, 2025
- Entertainment | Written by NDTV Movies News Desk
Hania Aamir's Instagram account had been restricted in India after the Pahalgam terror attack
-
www.ndtv.com/entertainment
-
2 Men Posing As Pony Service Providers Arrested On Vaishno Devi Route: J&K Cops
- Friday April 25, 2025
- India News | Press Trust of India
Two men were booked for allegedly impersonating pony service providers using fake documents on the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi route in Jammu and Kashmir''s Reasi district, officials said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Amid Reports Of Harassment Of Kashmiris After Pulwama, Shutdown In Valley
- Sunday February 17, 2019
- India News | Reported by Nazir Masoodi, Edited by Vaibhav Tiwari
Days after over 40 CRPF soldiers were killed in a terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district, reports of Kashmiri people being targeted have emerged from different parts of the country, prompting the central government to issue an advisory to the states to ensure their safety. A shutdown has been called in Kashmir against the reported ca...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Don't Share Unverified Information On Social Media: Noida Police To Public
- Sunday February 17, 2019
- Noida News | Press Trust of India
An offensive comment related to the Pulwama terror attack emerged on social media Saturday in the name of a Jammu and Kashmir student in Greater Noida, with police Saturday clarifying it was done using a fake profile.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
It's When, Not If: Singapore Worries, And Prepares, For Terror Attack
- Sunday February 4, 2018
- World News | Reuters
Armed officers patrol a train station where television screens and giant posters warn of the threat from terrorists. Nearby, fake gunmen storm a shopping mall in one of many recent terror attack simulations.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Many People Can't Tell When Photos Are Fake. Can You?
- Friday July 21, 2017
- Offbeat | William Wan, The Washington Post
During the terrorism attacks that killed 130 people in Paris in 2015, a Canadian Sikh was falsely accused of being one of the attackers after a photo went viral, doctored to make him look like he was wearing a suicide bomb vest. A Spanish newspaper published the picture on its front page and later apologized. Less than a year later, the photo start...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
In Cellphone Video, Panic As Terror Struck A London Restaurant
- Sunday June 4, 2017
- World News | Edited by Shylaja Varma
A 38-second cellphone video shot inside a restaurant captures the terror and panic as the attack unfolded in central London's Borough Market and 19-century London Bridge across River Thames.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Need Constitutional Protection For Manipur's 40 Valley Seats: BJP MLA Writes To Centre
- Wednesday April 15, 2026
- India News | NDTV News Desk
Manipur BJP MLA Rajkumar Imo Singh asked the Centre to start a comprehensive crackdown on terror outfits, and sought justice for two children killed in a bomb attack while they were asleep in their house
-
www.ndtv.com
-
How David Headley's Fake Mumbai Office Masked The 26/11 Plot
- Wednesday February 25, 2026
- India News | Reported by Mukesh Singh Sengar, Edited by Ashutosh Tripathi
David Coleman Headley, who is serving a 35-year sentence in the US, operated a fake immigration office in Mumbai as part of a larger conspiracy behind the 2008 terror attacks, a supplementary chargesheet filed by anti-terror agency NIA said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
16 SIMs, 8 Phones, 1 Deadly Plot: How Pak-Backed Terror Plot Was Busted
- Sunday February 22, 2026
- India News | Reported by Mukesh Singh Sengar
The Delhi Police's Special Cell foiled a major terrorist plot in an operation that lasted 10 days. They busted a terror module linked to Pakistan's Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and arrested eight suspects. Seven of them are Bangladeshi nationals.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Pahalgam Attack Link, Fake Arrest Warrants: How 68-Year-Old Lost Rs 26 Lakh
- Tuesday September 23, 2025
- India News | Reported by Ashish Kumar Pandey
A senior citizen in Hyderabad was defrauded of Rs 26 lakh after he was tricked into believing that his name has been linked to the April 22 Pahalgam terror attack, in which 26 civilians had been killed.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
ATMs To Be Closed For 2-3 Days? Government Fact-Checks Viral Claim
- Friday May 9, 2025
- India News | Edited by Chandrajit Mitra
A false message on WhatsApp claiming ATMs will be closed for 2-3 days has been going viral. The government has fact-checked the claim and found it to be fake.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Government Debunks Reports Of Pakistani Strikes On Amritsar Military Base
- Thursday May 8, 2025
- India News | Edited by Manjiri Chitre
A fake video of the claim was also circulated on social media, with the Press Information Bureau (PIB) Fact Check division noting that the footage is from a wildfire in 2024.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
UGC Alerts Students As Fake Exam Cancellation Notice Surfaces Post Air Strikes
- Thursday May 8, 2025
- Education | Edited by Rahul Kumar
The UGC stated that all official updates are available only on the UGC website and its official social media channels. Spreading such misinformation is a punishable offence.
-
www.ndtv.com/education
-
Hania Aamir Reacts To Viral "Fake" Statement On Pahalgam Terror Attack: "Assigning Blame Without Proof Only Deepens Divides"
- Friday May 2, 2025
- Entertainment | Written by NDTV Movies News Desk
Hania Aamir's Instagram account had been restricted in India after the Pahalgam terror attack
-
www.ndtv.com/entertainment
-
2 Men Posing As Pony Service Providers Arrested On Vaishno Devi Route: J&K Cops
- Friday April 25, 2025
- India News | Press Trust of India
Two men were booked for allegedly impersonating pony service providers using fake documents on the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi route in Jammu and Kashmir''s Reasi district, officials said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Amid Reports Of Harassment Of Kashmiris After Pulwama, Shutdown In Valley
- Sunday February 17, 2019
- India News | Reported by Nazir Masoodi, Edited by Vaibhav Tiwari
Days after over 40 CRPF soldiers were killed in a terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district, reports of Kashmiri people being targeted have emerged from different parts of the country, prompting the central government to issue an advisory to the states to ensure their safety. A shutdown has been called in Kashmir against the reported ca...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Don't Share Unverified Information On Social Media: Noida Police To Public
- Sunday February 17, 2019
- Noida News | Press Trust of India
An offensive comment related to the Pulwama terror attack emerged on social media Saturday in the name of a Jammu and Kashmir student in Greater Noida, with police Saturday clarifying it was done using a fake profile.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
It's When, Not If: Singapore Worries, And Prepares, For Terror Attack
- Sunday February 4, 2018
- World News | Reuters
Armed officers patrol a train station where television screens and giant posters warn of the threat from terrorists. Nearby, fake gunmen storm a shopping mall in one of many recent terror attack simulations.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Many People Can't Tell When Photos Are Fake. Can You?
- Friday July 21, 2017
- Offbeat | William Wan, The Washington Post
During the terrorism attacks that killed 130 people in Paris in 2015, a Canadian Sikh was falsely accused of being one of the attackers after a photo went viral, doctored to make him look like he was wearing a suicide bomb vest. A Spanish newspaper published the picture on its front page and later apologized. Less than a year later, the photo start...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
In Cellphone Video, Panic As Terror Struck A London Restaurant
- Sunday June 4, 2017
- World News | Edited by Shylaja Varma
A 38-second cellphone video shot inside a restaurant captures the terror and panic as the attack unfolded in central London's Borough Market and 19-century London Bridge across River Thames.
-
www.ndtv.com