Akash Ambani, the eldest son of Nita and Mukesh Ambani, was engaged to Shloka Mehta,
his former schoolmate, at a dazzling but private event at a luxury resort in Goa on Saturday. Akash Ambani, the oldest son
of India's richest man, has known Shloka Mehta, the daughter of a diamond billionaire, since they were children. Images shared by fan pages and social media users showed the ceremony on lawns lined by palm trees and lit up in the fading light. The two are reportedly planning their wedding in December. Akash has a twin sister Isha and younger brother Anant. After the engagement, the Ambanis and Shloka Mehta went to the Siddhivinayak temple in Mumbai
Here are seven facts on Shloka Mehta, Akash Ambani's fiance:
Akash Ambani with his brother Anant and Shloka Mehta at Siddhivinayak temple
- Shloka Mehta is youngest daughter of diamantaire Russel Mehta and Mona Mehta, who own Rosy Blue Diamonds. She has known the Ambanis since she was four, according to the family.
- Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta studied together at the Dhirubhai Ambani International School in Mumbai and have been close friends for years, reports said.
- Shloka Mehta then went to study at Princeton University. She studied anthropology in Princeton and graduated in 2013.
- Shloka Mehta completed her masters in law and anthropology at the London School of Economics in 2014.
- Shloka Mehta has two sisters and the family lives in south Mumbai.
- Russel Mehta's Rosy Blue was earlier known as "B Arunkumar & Co" and the firm has a presence in 12 countries including Belgium, Israel, Japan, US and China.
- Shloka Mehta is a director of Rosy Blue Foundation since 2014 and has co-founded ConnectFor in 2015. Shloka Mehta's firm helps NGOs connect with volunteers.