Gaya: BJP party president Rajnath Singh and senior party leader Arun Jaitley are at the Mahabodhi temple in Bodh Gaya. A series of bomb blasts ripped through the holy site on Sunday morning in which two Buddhist monks were injured.
Here are the highlights:
- The UPA government needs to exhibit greater will to fight terrorism.
- The whole matter should be investigated; we are not politicizing the issue, says Rajnath Singh on Bodh Gaya blasts
- Comprehensive action plan should be prepared so we are prepared to meet such terrorist acts in future- whether it's a cyber attack, biological attack or an economic attack
- We urge the central government to take immediate steps to secure this temple site
- The Congress has pitted the CBI against the IB.
- Security agencies should not be misused for politics - they need to coordinate with each other to fight challenges like terrorism
- If there was an intelligence input, then the security at main Buddhist centres should have been stepped up
- UPA has misused intelligence agencies
- UPA has failed in tackling terror attacks
- No state can act against terror by itself, centre must help
- We prayed for world peace here today.
- China is trying to encircle India; we will attract the attention of the govt in both houses of Parliament on this issue
- On Digvijaya Singh's statement, I have nothing to say.
- When such incidents occur, there are definitely some lapses
- All the facts should be made public after a thorough investigation
- UPA govt has made security an issue of votebank politics
- I don't think it's a competition in visiting, competition should be in taking action