New Delhi: Union minister Subodh Kant Sahai has denied allegations made against him in connection with the controversy over allocation of coal blocks.
Here are the highlights of what Mr Sahai said in his defence:
- BJP is known for its blatant lies.
- I have no role in coal allocation. But since the judgement is being misinterpreted, I decided to hold this press conference.
- BJP is frustrated, so it is accusing me.
- Since they were defeated in court, they have decided to launch a country-wide bogus campaign.
- The true face of the BJP is the Prakash Industries, the Chhattisgarh government and the Reddy brothers.
- They are dreaming of coming to power building a bridge of lies.
- They are frustrated and that is why they are acting like this - inside and outside Parliament.
- This is a battle between a court judgement and a bunch of lies.
- Mr Jaitley fought the case of Prakash Industries. Raman Singh knows the factual position. I am not making allegations against Mr Jaitley but I am informing you.
- Prakash Industries have been accused of evading excise duties.