Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses rally in Kolkata.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a public meeting at Pasighat in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh. The election rally was held at Pasighat Stadium. With electioneering gaining momentum for the simultaneous Lok Sabha and assembly polls in Arunachal Pradesh, political parties are banking on star campaigners, social media platforms and door-to-door visits to woo voters in the northeastern state.
PM Modi also launched his campaign for the upcoming 2019 Lok Sabha elections in West Bengal by addressing a mega rally in north Bengal's Siliguri today. He also addressed another rally at the Brigade Parade Ground in Kolkata.
Here are the Highlights from PM Modi's rally:
On "Modi Hatao" Slogans, PM Modi Says
- The keep saying modi hatao modi hatao. What has Modi done wrong?
- Is it wrong to give the poor homes, gas, toilets. If yes then i have done it. I am guilty.
- In five years, the impossible has become possible.
On Congress' Manifesto, PM Modi says "Will Expire On May 23". He says:
- We will empower the forces.
- Congress is saying such things. Won't it help terrorists in Pakistan ?
- Congress is angry with all chowkidars. Even the chowkidars at the border.
- Congress has always compromised on congress
- They weakened laws against Naxals and separatists.
- And Trinamool shares the congress ideology
- The laws we have, Government will make lives easier for people. We have passed 1400 new laws.
- But Congress is weakening our soldiers, breaking their morale.
- I am standing between them. Modi will never allow the Congress to succeed.
- Congress expiry date is May 23rd.
On Air Strikes, PM Modi Says:
- Opposition demanded evidence of air strikes. They have insulted our security forces.
- Show us bodies of terrorists, who asked this?
- Were you proud or not? Who called such a big thing a drama?
PM Modi Addresses Public Meeting In Kolkata. Highlighting His Achievement. He says:
- Whether its surgical strikes, Digital India, Make In India or Kolkata's waterway, Who was responsible for this?
- All of these achievements, whether surgical strikes, air strikes, space strikes, from Kolkata to Banaras waterway, all of this is possible because of whom? Within 5 years, who did this? No, this is not because of Modi. This is because of your blessings. It is because of you, impossible is possible.
PM Modi in Siliguri, West Bengal:
On Security Forces: AFSPA is a protective shield for the country's soldiers so that they can take any step for the security of the country fearlessly. But the Congress wants to snatch it away from the army. Be assure that Modi is here, who will not let any intruders walk away.
Those who are doing vandalism on the payroll of the TMC, I want to warn them that they should leave all this, otherwise as soon as the BJP forms a government here, they will be straightened, says PM Modi.
PM Modi speaks in Siliguri, West Bengal:
On Mamata Banerjee: There is a speed breaker in West Bengal, which you know by the name of "Didi"... This "Didi" is the speed breaker of your development. If poverty is eliminated, Didi's policies will be scrapped, he says. There was a chit fund scam in West Bengal and "Didi's" ministers, officials and aides ran away with the money of my poor brother and sisters. They have looted the poor people.
On Ayushman Bharat Scheme: Recognising the concern of the poor, the NDA government at the Centre launched the Ayushman Bharat Scheme, PM Modi says. We told the poor people that in case of sickness, they will be treated free of cost upto Rs 5 lakh at hospitals and they won't have to spend a single penny. But what did the "speed breaker didi" do? She put a break on a scheme which would have helped the poor.
On farmers: Didi has also put a break on the development of more than 70 lakh farmer households in West Bengal. Money is being directly transferred to the farmers' bank accounts under the PM Kisan Samman Yojana in various states of the country.
I am waiting for this "speedbreaker" to go so development can gather speed, he says.
To protect and develop Arunachal Pradesh, you need to ensure that NDA forms govt at the Centre, PM Modi tells people.
Watch as PM Modi speaks in Arunchal Pradesh:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi slams Congress:
- The Congress did not give northeast any place here or even in New Delhi.
- It was Atal Bihari Vajpayee who built a separate ministry for the Northeast.
- Congress only works for vote-bank, even if the country is suffering.
PM Modi on Congress manifesto:
Just like them (Congress), their manifesto is corrupt and full of lies. Therefore, it should be called hypocrisy document, not a manifesto.
PM Modi talks about development work done by BJP:
- You all have seen how Arunachal was neglected by previous governments for decades, you all have experienced it and seen it for yourself... You have seen how you were ignored in the past, but you finally have someone who accepts you, your culture and your traditions -- who understands your dreams and aspirations and who works to ensure that those are realised.
- We never asked for votes in the name of farmers. But still, we made so many provisions and brought improvements in the condition of the farmers.
- More than 70,000 crore poor women have got free gas connections.
- This is an election contest between propriety and corruption.
PM Modi speaks at Pasighat in Arunchal Pradesh:
- Various projects were implemented in the Northeast because of your faith in us (the BJP).
- We have developed Pasighat into a smart city.
- Today, Arunchal Pradesh is getting many health and educational institutes.
- Every village has been electrified. Every household has power now.
- I cant say that I did all the work in just five years. But I am a man who challenges every challenge. I can take every difficult work in my own hands. And whatever work I take up, I complete it with all my strength.
- Have you ever heard that I have gone on leave? Have I ever wasted time in having fun?
- Arunachal Pradesh now has rail connectivity, two new airports, new highways, better roads, electricity to the remotest villages, new football stadium and sports facilities. These are already done, and a lot more is being done. You all are credited for it... It was your decision to support a government that works and delivers.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi says: "Glad to be going back to Arunachal Pradesh today. Will address a public meeting in Pasighat. In Arunachal Pradesh, like the rest of the Northeast, BJP is gaining substantial popularity. Our good work stands in contrast to Congress' apathy and loot."