Patna: Twenty-two children who survived after consuming contaminated mid-day meal in Bihar's Saran district three weeks ago were discharged from hospital in Patna today.
Two more children and a cook are still under observation at the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) and were likely to be discharged soon.
As many as 23 students died July 16 after eating poisonous mid-day meal in a primary school at Dharmasati Gandaman village of Chapra in Saran district.
PMCH superintendent Amarkant Jha Amar told IANS that the children were discharged after a medical board found them healthy and fit.
He said the hospital had gifted new clothes and toys to these children. "It was a big day for all of us as the children returned home with smiles on their faces," he said.
"The children and their attendants were happy after being discharged," he said.