- Festivities have begun and so is Navratri 2017 and people are fasting
- Amongst the many dos and don'ts, people strictly avoid table salt
- Sendha namak is widely used in preparing food during Navratri fast
Sendha namak is widely used in preparing food during Navratri fast or vrat. Here are some of the important sendha namak benefits that you must know-
1. Helps Maintain Blood Pressure
Considering sendha namak has high amounts of potassium, people who are suffering from hypertension are generally advised to include it in their daily diet. Consuming sendha namak regularly may help in controlling high blood pressure.
2. Helps in Boosting Digestion
Sendha namak or rock salt is helpful to bring relief from stomach infections and also enhances the absorption of nutrients. It is an effective remedy for acidity too.
3. Helps in Treating Respiratory Disorders
It is a helpful salt for individuals dealing with respiratory issues. Sore throat, tonsils, dry hack and others can be dealt with by gargling with sendha namak in lukewarm water.
4. Helps Your Skin Glow
Rock salt can help in opening clogged pores. It can be used as a face wash to get a glowing and healthy skin. It acts as a super exfoliator that can help you get rid of dull and dead skin.
5. It Acts as a Hair Conditioner
Mixing sendha namak with your shampoo may help in retaining natural oil in the scalp. Use it with conditioner to get voluminous hair.
So, it is not only necessary to consume sendha namak during Navratri fasts, but you can consume it regularly and stay healthy.