As per the study, published in British Journal of Nutrition, people who are consuming a daily calcium and vitamin-D supplement were able to lose more weight much faster and in effective way than the ones who are not taking them. The experts concluded that an extra calcium and vitamin-D have an appetite-suppressing effect. Meaning, no more hunger hangs. Therefore, consider adding vitamin-D supplements to your diet, especially if you're trying to lose weight. It is recommended to maintain a healthy food diet that is rich in vitamin-D. Here are some foods items that contain vitamin D:
- Salmon: Salmon has high oil content, which is an excellent source of vitamin-D3.
- Shrimp: Shrimp is the most popular type of shellfish, which is not only rich in vitamin-D, but are also very low in fat.
- Mushroom: Mushroom is exposed to the sun while growing, meaning rich in vitamin-D value. However, pick white mushrooms, as they are an excellent source of vitamin-D than other mushrooms.
- Egg Yolk: If you don't fancy eating fish or seafood, then you can opt for egg yolk that are another good source of vitamin-D, as well as a delicious nutritious food.
- Milk: Most of the packaged milk these days is fortified with vitamin-D. Daily intake of high amounts of fortified whole milk will help you to stay healthy and fit.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.