- Festive season is the time apt for a detox
- Detoxing is nothing fancy
- It can easily be achieved in the comfort of your home
If you are not sure of jumping on to the detox bandwagon, or don't know the basics, pay attention to the following tips to begin your detox journey.
What to eat
All fresh fruits and vegetables are excellent for detox. Include lots of vitamin C in your diet and natural fluids like coconut water, buttermilk et cetera. Fermented foods, whole grains are great too. Fruits like apples, pineapple, papaya and pomegranate have great detoxing properties. Berries are packed with essential nutrients, antioxidants and fight cell-damaging free radicals.
While hydration is of the utmost importance, make sure that you give regular ingredients a chance and arrive at health promoting detox drinks. Detox waters are in vogue, these are easy to put together and can do wonders to your health. Simply infuse your drinking water with strawberries, lemon, bite-sized berries, orange slices or herbs and spices like cumin, neem leaves, basil, carom seeds among others. Just in case you want to step up the game a bit, try putting together detox drinks like the one shared below:
Cucumber Mint Detox Drink
Recipe by Swasti Agarwal, Foodhall
8-10 Mint leaves
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
Lemon rings and mint leaves
1. Peel, chop and blend cucumber, mint leaves and 1 cup of water.
2. Strain and discard pulp.
3. Add lemon juice, black salt and dilute with water if needed.
4. Pour the beverages in glasses, put some ice cubes and garnish with lemon rings and mint leaves.