- A new study links moderate wine consumption with higher fertility
- Alcohol consumption during pregnancy is strictly prohibited
- Resveratrol has been linked to promoting good skin
Alcohol consumption during pregnancy is strictly prohibited across the globe. Resveratrol found in red wine has long been linked to a host of health benefits. Resveratrol has been linked to promoting good skin, slow doing ageing and provide a dose of antioxidants to the body. Moderate red wine consumption has also been linked to promoting hair and heart health, inducing sleep and guarding against cognitive decline.
Tips for healthy pregnancy
- Maintain a balanced diet and load up on items like whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, lentils, legumes, beans, nuts, seeds, dairy and poultry.
- Folate intake is crucial during pregnancy and its deficiency has been linked to triggering pregnancy-related complications including neural tube defects in the baby.
- Monitor your caffeine intake and steer clear of fried foods, refined items, saturated and trans-fats.
- Get enough sleep and rest but keep physically active. Keep stress at bay and avoid alcohol or smoking.
Get in touch with your medical expert to learn more about wine, its benefits for human health and how much is really enough. In case you are trying to conceive or are already pregnant, have a chat with your medical expert to learn more about achieving a healthy pregnancy.