- Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that can affect one or more joints
- It remains largely 'invisible' as the symptoms cannot be seen
- Creating awareness about the ailment can help tackle these problems
Their latest report indicates arthritis remains largely 'invisible' from the public as the symptoms cannot be physically seen. Moreover, there has also been a stigma attached to the condition that it is an 'old person's disease' but it is not true as arthritis can affect people of all ages. While building more awareness about the ailment can help in tackling these problems, here's some more help. We know that our diet plays an important role in maintaining our overall health. Here are four foods that you must avoid if you are suffering from arthritis as they may trigger inflammatory responses and make the condition worse
1. Sugar and sugary beverages: According to American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, sugary beverages may facilitate the release of inflammatory agents called cytokines.
2. Vegetables like tomatoes and potatoes: Certain foods are rich in an alkaloid called solanine that may trigger arthritic pain. Consumption of such food items may also lead to calcium deposition in tissues.
4. Certain fats and vegetable oils: Hydrogenated trans-fats and certain vegetable oils like safflower, sunflower, corn and soybean oil can also cause some joint issues.
These simple tips can help in managing the symptoms of arthritis like pain and inflammation.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.