A candidate must be either:
- A citizen of India
- Or a citizen of Nepal
- Or a citizen of Bhutan
- Or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Or a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
The age limit for various posts as on May 5, 2017 is given below:
- SI/Overseer - Between 21 to 30 years
- ASI/Draughtsman - Between 18 to 25 years
- CT - Between 18 to 23 years
Note: The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates. For detailed norms on age relaxation check the official notification.
Read: CRPF Releases Notification For Recruitment Of SI, ASI, And Other Posts
Educational and Technical Qualification
Candidate must have completed intermediate with a diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized board or university.
Candidate should have completed matriculation with English, General Science and Mathematics from a recognized board with three years diploma in Draughtsman course from a government recognized Polytechnic.
CT (Mason/ Plumber/Electrician/ Carpenter/ Painter)
- Candidate should have completed matriculation from a recognized board.
- Candidate should have one year experience in respective trade.
- Candidates having certificate (Three months & above duration) under National skill qualification framework compliant anchored by National skill development Agency (NSDA) under Govt. of India, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship or certificate of trade from recognized Industrial Training Institute agency will be eligible for additional 5 marks during trade test.