The details were provided in Rajya Sabha by Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting C M Jatua in a reply to a question.
The following, according to Mr Jatua, were the amounts spent by various ministries for Rajiv Gandhi's birth anniversary -
- Ministry of Health: Rs 95 lakh
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy: Rs 82 lakh
- Ministry of Tourism: Rs 79 lakh
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation: Rs 65 lakh
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting: Rs 58 lakh
- Ministry of Social Justice: Rs 51 lakh
Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises: Rs 21 lakh
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting: Rs 60 lakh
- Ministry of Social Justice: Rs 56 lakh.
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium enterprises: Rs 41 lakh
- Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region: Rs 25 lakh
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation: Rs 22 lakh.
- Ministry of Water Resources: Rs 19 lakh
- Ministry of Women and Child Development: Rs 19 lakh
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.