The details were provided in Rajya Sabha by Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting C M Jatua in a reply to a question.
The following, according to Mr Jatua, were the amounts spent by various ministries for Rajiv Gandhi's birth anniversary -
- Ministry of Health: Rs 95 lakh
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy: Rs 82 lakh
- Ministry of Tourism: Rs 79 lakh
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation: Rs 65 lakh
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting: Rs 58 lakh
- Ministry of Social Justice: Rs 51 lakh
Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises: Rs 21 lakh
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting: Rs 60 lakh
- Ministry of Social Justice: Rs 56 lakh.
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium enterprises: Rs 41 lakh
- Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region: Rs 25 lakh
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation: Rs 22 lakh.
- Ministry of Water Resources: Rs 19 lakh
- Ministry of Women and Child Development: Rs 19 lakh
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.