New Delhi: Government had spent Rs 4.79 crore and Rs 2.46 crore on print media advertisements in 2011 on the birth anniversaries of former Prime Ministers Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi respectively.
The details were provided in Rajya Sabha by Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting C M Jatua in a reply to a question.
The following, according to Mr Jatua, were the amounts spent by various ministries for Rajiv Gandhi's birth anniversary -
- Ministry of Health: Rs 95 lakh
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy: Rs 82 lakh
- Ministry of Tourism: Rs 79 lakh
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation: Rs 65 lakh
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting: Rs 58 lakh
- Ministry of Social Justice: Rs 51 lakh
Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises: Rs 21 lakh
For Indira Gandhi's birth anniversary, following were the amounts spent by various ministries, according to Mr Jatua -
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting: Rs 60 lakh
- Ministry of Social Justice: Rs 56 lakh.
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium enterprises: Rs 41 lakh
- Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region: Rs 25 lakh
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation: Rs 22 lakh.
- Ministry of Water Resources: Rs 19 lakh
- Ministry of Women and Child Development: Rs 19 lakh