Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing the world Hindi conference in Bhopal.
Here are the highlights of his speech:
- My mother tongue is Gujarati not Hindi. Yet, I wonder if I did not know Hindi what would have happened.
- I learnt Hindi while selling tea from the traders in Uttar Pradesh.
- The film industry has done a great work by taking Hindi to countries in Europe and Central Asia.
- If don't do something for our language it will be lost
- I wished Israeli PM in Hebrew on Hanukkah on Twitter. He responded in Hindi
- Leaders all over the world say Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas
- If we forget Hindi, if we forget Ram Charit Manas - what will we come to?
- English, Chinese, Hindi - three languages that are the future of everything digital