Pehredaar Piya Ki Makers' Next Move After Show Was Taken Off Air

Pehredaar Piya Ki lasted a little over a month as the channel pulled the plug on the show days after it provoked outrage on social media for its controversial storyline

232 Shares
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Pehredaar Piya Ki Makers' Next Move After Show Was Taken Off Air

A still from Pehredaar Piya Ki (courtesy YouTube)

New Delhi: 

Highlights

  1. 'We managed to move on faster,' said producers Sumeet and Shashi
  2. They are working on a new show titled Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai
  3. 'This show allowed us to relive our personal love story,' they said
It's been a week since Pehredaar Piya Ki aired on Sony Entertainment Television - the empty slot was taken up by extended episodes of Kaun Banega Crorepati 9, which premiered on August 28. The producers of Pehredaar Piya Ki - Sumeet and Shashi Mittal - were "heartbroken" but quickly recuperated to have another show releasing this week. Titled Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai, the new series is a school-time love story based in the 1990s and will premiere today. The makers could not be more excited about their comeback and told news agency IANS: "We are creative people, so Shashi and I have seen a lot of ups and downs in our creative journey. Yes, I was heartbroken when even after giving a proper explanation to the authorities (BCCC), we had to stop the show. But you see, simultaneously we were developing this show Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai."

Pehredaar Piya Ki lasted a little over a month as the channel pulled the plug on the show days after it provoked outrage on social media for its controversial subject - a nine-year-old boy (Afaan Khan) is married to an 18-year-old woman (Tejaswi Prakash). Before finally being axed, the show was moved out of the prime time slot (from 8:30 to 10 pm) following intervention from the Broadcasting Content Complaints Council or BCCC, the body which regulates non-news content on Indian television. The BCCC reportedly intervened at the behest of the Information and Broadcasting ministry after minister Smriti Irani was petitioned to ban the show.

After the show was shelved, Sumeet told Times Of India that the cast will return with a better story: "We treat audience as an asset so we don't want to lose them. We will return with a new show and the same team very soon. In fact, we have started working on the same. The next show will have a better story. The actors will be with us till then."

In his interview to IANS, Sumeet revealed that Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai is inspired by his own love story. "These days, mostly parents let their kids do what they want to. Earlier, we always tried to find our own sweet little ways. And then the 1990s era brings an instant mood of nostalgia... So, it is relatable for the major audience," he added.

The show introduces aspiring actors Ashi Singh and Randeep Rai in lead roles, who underwent a two-month workshop for the show and were made to watch movies from the genre of Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak league of movies.

Actress Tejasswi Prakash also trended last week for having been reportedly approached to be part of Bigg Boss 11.

(With IANS inputs)
 

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................