New Delhi: A few days ago, the entire country was shocked by the story of how a school van driver and 4 minor boys had been raping a 12 year old girl and sodomising her 2 brothers for over a year. Not just have the police failed to arrest two of the minor boys accused in the case they have no answers how one of the victims a 13- year -old boy has now gone missing.
The family says ever since they filed the first complaint they've been harassed.
"Since we made the complaint we have faced a lot of problems. We have not gone to school since September. The accused who were not arrested used to come near my house threatening me not to tell anybody about it. Since yesterday my brother is missing we are very disturbed. My mother she has been looking for him everywhere," said the girl victim.
The investigation of this case was handed over to the Crime Branch in September after the SHO of Prasad Nagar was suspended for not investigating it properly.
But Since then the Crime Branch has filed a chargesheet and has not arrested the 2 others accused in the case.
"The main shortcoming is that the two accused have not been arrested Pawan and Anoop. The mobile with which the films were made has not been taken by the police. The place where these children used to be taken, has not been investigated yet," said Subhash Nagar a social worker.
"We had filed a writ petition in November to shift the case from Crime branch to CBI," said Lawyer Kiran Singh.
On the mother's complaint about the 13-year-old missing boy the court has asked the Crime Branch to reply by Monday.
The police say they are still looking for the boy.
On allegations of shoddy investigation into the abuse case the police refuse to comment saying the matter is subjudice.