- Prospect of being PM does not let him sleep, says Narendra Modi about Nitish Kumar
- Live Blog: Battleground 2014
- Kiran Kumar Reddy reveals name of his new party
- Won't field candidates against the Gandhis, says Akhilesh Yadav
- In Bangalore, where Anna rallies were hits, AAP hopes for support
- Amar Singh, Jaya Prada join Ajit Singh's Rashtriya Lok Dal
- DMK chief's son, Alagiri, refused a ticket by his father
- Alagiri to sit out national election but may launch party after
In Himachal Pradesh, Sonia Gandhi will decide on Chief Minister if Congress wins
Press Trust of India | Updated: December 20, 2012 07:32 IST
His remarks came close on the heels of Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) chief and party veteran Virbhadra Singh giving more than subtle signals that he would like to become the next Chief Minister if the party wins in the state.
Mr Singh, who has served as Chief Minister five times, remarked, "I have done my duty which was assigned to me, that was to fight the election and bring the party back to power. That I hope I will be able to perform successfully.
"As to who will lead the state...at present I am leading state as PCC President. And who will be the Chief Minister, that will be decided by Soniaji," he had said.
- Also See
Modi's national aspiration couldn't be ignored after he registered a third successive win in Gujarat's Assembly elections.
In his first election, the 45-year-old activist turned politician defeated incumbent chief minister Sheila Dikshit in her on constituency by some 22,000 votes.
The former actor, with roles in nearly 150 films, has inked a partnership of his Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) with the BJP.