It is worth noting here that Mr Trump, in an unusual and frowned-upon move, had refused to reveal his tax returns during his presidential campaign.
Mr Trump's tax figures set the Internet ablaze. Contrary to rumours, it turned out that he had paid his fair share of taxes - in 2005, at least. Here is how Twitter users reacted to Donald Trump's tax returns and Ms Maddow's really long reveal of the same.
1. Tweeple really wanted Rachel Maddow to speed up the reveal
if you have news, Rachel, please tell us. soon. I'm not young.- Bob Ley (@BobLeyESPN) March 15, 2017
2. Some were happy that the White House beat her to the punch
3. Obama jokes were thrown into the mix
4. Some were very happy after the reveal
5. Others dug up the past
6. Some Twitter users went back to making fun of his hands
7. And most Donald Trump supporters celebrated
What do you think of Mr Trump's tax returns? Let us know using the comments section below.