Check out the cheekiest reactions to his Women's Day tweets below:
1. Some dug up his past
2. Others were happy with some plain, old, good-fashioned trolling
@realDonaldTrump YES! Nobody has MORE respect for women than WE DO! We have the MOST RESPECT, the BIGGEST RESPECT, and the BEST RESPECT!- Christoph Rehage (@crehage) March 8, 2017
3. Some got straight to the point
@realDonaldTrump Here's a thought: honor them with policy, not meaningless tweets- Maria (@MariaMelee) March 8, 2017
@realDonaldTrump In 1993, you said it was "dangerous to put women to work". This belies the notion that WE CHOOSE THINGS.- NastyPersist-er (@SChubrichSeep) March 8, 2017
4. While others couldn't resist pointing out the irony
.@realDonaldTrump I'm not going to touch this, since Trump did already- Roland Scahill (@rolandscahill) March 8, 2017
It's safe to assume that this wasn't the reaction that the President was hoping for.
It's important to remember that just last month, Mr Putin signed a law that decriminalized domestic abuse to a great extent.
1. Some were quick to remind him of that
@KremlinRussia_E thanks for your heartfelt respect. Shame you have decriminalised domestic violence though, leaving women without protection- verityrhealey (@verityrhealey) March 8, 2017
2. Others just wanted to Photoshop him
3. Some took to gifs to express how they felt
4. While others just laughed at the irony
Have something to add to the conversation? Let us know using the comments section below.