Preliminary exam of Tamil Nadu Combined Civil Services Exam (II) for group 2 posts will be held on November 11. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has notified a total of 1199 group 2 posts to be filled up in various departments through this exam. The selection will be made on the basis of preliminary exam, main exam and interview. Online registration for the group 2 exam has begun today (August 10, 2018) and the last date for submission of online application is September 9, 2018. Graduates/ postgraduates in the relevant field can apply.
Applicants must have adequate knowledge of Tamil.
'The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Written Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit,' reads the official notification.
The preliminary exam result will be released in February 2019. After the completion of application process for main exam, TNPSC will conduct the exam in May.
- Industrial Co-Operative Officer: 30 posts under Tamil Nadu Industries Subordinate Service
- Probation Officer: 12 posts under Tamil Nadu Social Defence Subordinate Service
- Junior Employment Officer (Non- Differently Abled): 16 posts under Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service
- Probation Officer: 18 posts under Tamil Nadu Jail Subordinate Service
- Assistant Inspector of Labour: 26 posts under Tamil Nadu Labour Subordinate Service
- Sub Registrar, Grade-II: 73 posts under Tamil Nadu Registration Subordinate Service
- Special Assistant: 2 posts under Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
- Municipal Commissioner: 6 posts under Tamil Nadu Municipal Commissioner Subordinate Service
- Assistant Section Officer: 16 posts under Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service\
- Assistant Section Officer in Finance Department: 16 posts under Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
- Assistant Section Officer, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat: 1 post
- Assistant Section Officer: 4 posts under Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
- Assistant Section Officer Cum Programmer: 2 posts under Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives in the Industries and Commerce Department: 39 posts under Tamil Nadu Industries Subordinate Service
- Audit Inspector in the Audit Wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department: 30 posts under Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department: 98 posts under Tamil Nadu Local Fund Audit Subordinate Service
- Handloom Inspector in Handlooms and Textiles Department: 23 posts under Tamil Nadu Handlooms and Textiles Subordinate Service
- Senior Inspectors in Milk Production and Dairy Development Department: 48 posts
- Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies in Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies: 599 posts under Tamil Nadu Co-operative Subordinate Service
- Supervisor / Junior Level-11 Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing / Agricultural Business Department: 118 posts under Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing Subordinate Service
- Audit Assistant in Accounts Branch of Highways and Rural Works Department: 9 posts under Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service
- Executive Officer, Grade-II: 1 post under Tamil Nadu Town Panchayat Subordinate Service
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department: 11 posts under Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
In another news, TNPSC has recently declared Group 4 exam result.
Click here for more Jobs News
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.