Who can be a Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)?
Any matriculate in the age group of 18-40 years can be a Gramin Dak Sevak provided conditions given below are satisfied:
- Matriculation qualification must be from approved State board by the respective State Government / Central Government
- Must have adequate computer knowledge and provide "basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute"
- "Must mandatorily take up his/her residence in the Branch Post Office village within one month after selection but before engagement as Gramin Dak Sevak Branch Postmaster"
- Must not be holding an elective office
- Must not be engaged with any outside agency "which would be detrimental to the business or interest of the Post Office"
- Must have cycling knowledge which is a "pre-requisite condition for GDS posts attached with outdoor duties."
- Must have other source to supplement the GDS income
- Must give security amount of Rs 25000 for the job engagement and Rs 10000 for other categories
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.