The prime minister had confirmed his attendance at the event yesterday. "On Tuesday, I will be in Gandhinagar to participate in the opening ceremony of the meetings of the @AfDB_Group. #AfDBAM2017," he said.
"The Annual Meetings of @AfDB_Group have chosen the very relevant theme of 'Transforming Agriculture for Wealth Creation in Africa'," he said. PM Modi will meet some of the distinguished delegates of the AfDB Group at the event.
Here are the highlights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's speech at the annual meeting of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group:
- India has had strong ties with Africa for centuries
- After assuming office in 2014, I have made Africa a top priority for India's foreign and economic policy
- I am proud to say that there is no country in Africa that has not been visited by an Indian Minister in the last three years
- India's partnership with Africa is based on a model of cooperation which is responsive to the needs of African countries
- Africa-India trade multiplied in last 15 years. It doubled in the last 5 years to reach nearly seventy-two billion US dollars in 2014-15
For the latest News & Live Updates on Election Results from each assembly constituency in Madhya Pradesh,Rajasthan,Mizoram,Chhattisgarh,Telangana, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for updates.