As per the Bill, the Central Vigilance Commission will be responsible for protection of whistle-blowers.
The Bill covers all ministries, Public Sector Units and banks but the corporate sector has been left out.
State governments that had earlier rejected the idea of a vigilance bill will now be asked to adopt this Bill.
The Bill will give more teeth to the protection of whistle-blowers.
But those making false or motivated complaints may be punished that includes fine or even jail.
The whistle-blowers Bill gives an opportunity to expose false claims, fraud or corruption who will be protected for confidentiality and anonymity.
- CVC to protect whistle blowers
- All ministries, PSUs, banks covered under Bill; corporate sector left out
- States to be asked to adopt Bill
- More teeth for protection of whistle blowers
- Those making false complaints may be jailed