With less than a week left for the first phase of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing a public rally in north Bengal's Cooch Behar today, four days after his twin rallies in the state. The rally is being held at the Rash Mela ground near the Cooch Behar Palace. PM Modi will also address the public in Tripura's Udaipur and then head to Imphal in Manipur.
The Lok Sabha constituency of Cooch Behar will go the hustings along with the neighbouring Alipurduar seat on April 11, during the first phase of polling in the state.
Here are the Highlights of PM Modi's rallies:
- Speed breaker 'Didi' (Mamata Banerjee) is not able to sleep at night. She is taking out her frustration and anger on officials and the election commission.
- The centre approved projects worth crores for Cooch Behar. It appeared impossible but it's possible now.
- The more the "lotus" will bloom in West Bengal, the stronger your voice will be. The fight for your rights will get stronger.
- Didi has put a break on free treatment for the poor under Ayushman Yojana and on financial assistance to farmers.
- Even I would not have thought that 'Didi' (Mamata Banerjee) would take this path. She took a short cut. She adopted all the shortcomings of the left herself, and built a dangerous model based on politics and crime. After the rule of communists ended, no one would have thought the government here would be run like this. These people have defamed West Bengal with the Saradha scam.
- In Tripura, we destroyed the model of Left and we gave priority to development. However, Didi seems to have taken cues from them and borrowed their ways.
- By letting loose goons in Bengal, Didi has dashed hopes of manush (people). The promise of 'Ma Maati Maanush' is on one hand and the truth of the TMC on the other hand. For vote bank politics, Didi forgot 'Ma' and sided with those who raise slogans of 'Bharat ke tukde tukde'. This is an insult to 'Ma'.
- Venue with limited space was allotted for today's rally so that not many people can attend.