The rare interview with the reticent Mr Mistry was posted just over a month before his ouster and showcased his vision and plans for the Tata group with the headline, "We are building for the next 150 years, on the powerful foundation that we have inherited".
Soon after Tata Sons, the holding company of the group, announced Mr Mistry's removal on Monday, all mention of him and his core team of five advisers was taken off the website Tata.in. The link to the interview had led to a blank page with the message - "The page you are looking for has been moved or removed."
"It was an operational mistake on our part and it has been corrected," said a spokesperson from the Corporate communications team of the Tata group, adding that the inadvertent error happened when they were changing Cyrus Mistry's designation from chairman to 'former' chairman.
On Wednesday morning, the 48-year-old Mr Mistry walked into Bombay House for the first time since his removal, and spent two hours there. Ratan Tata - Cyrus Mistry's predecessor and also successor as he holds charge as interim chairman - was not at Bombay House when Mr Mistry visited.
He has warned the board that the Tata group faces a potential drop in value of nearly $18 billion due to investments in five unprofitable businesses that he has called "legacy hotspots."
In his September interview Mr Mistry had said, "Each of our group companies is charting its own strategy and growth story, with the focus on sustainable, profitable growth. Each of these companies has identified the critical factors that make them sustainable over a longer time horizon."
Cyrus Mistry took over as Tata group Chairman in December 2012, succeeding Ratan Tata who had been Chairman for 21 years.