- Walnuts can help in improving mental health
- Protein-rich eggs are great for quick healing of wounds
- Tomatoes are good for heart health and can prevent constipation
The speed at which you heal is dependent on your immunity. The secret to a healthy immunity and a fit body is pretty simple: eat healthy, exercise regularly and maintain a healthy lifestyle. These simple tricks are the key to heal quickly from diseases or physical injuries. Nutritionist Nmami Agarwal says that healing is the process which helps the body to get back to its original state. In order to rev up your healing, there are some healing foods that can help in bringing a transformation to your overall health.
Foods for quicker healing, stronger immunity and improved overall health
Healing foods, as Nmami terms them in her blog, contain a nutrient composition that can help fighting numerous diseases like fatigue, hormonal imbalance, digestive disorders, fatigue, cancer and even depression.
Yes, the power of good food is such that can help you heal from mental illnesses and even life-threatening conditions like cancer.
Following is a list of foods that have healing properties as proven by natural and modern science:
1. Ginger:Ginger is a wonder spice which is commonly found in nearly every Indian household. Popular for its healing and digestion promoting properties, ginger has numerous health benefits that you can rely on. People with arthritis, colds, cramps, vomiting, nausea and indigestion can all benefit from ginger. Ginger can help in reducing pain and can be a part of your everyday diet in the form of tea or as a spice in dals and sabzis.
2. Walnuts:Walnuts are one of the healthiest nuts in existence. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that are downright amazing for heart health and brain health. Walnuts have properties that can help in healing the gut and reducing cholesterol levels. They are great for your mental health and can be beneficial for those fighting with depression. Walnuts can help children with behavioural and attention issues.
3. Eggs:Protein-richeggs are great for quick healing of wounds. Tryptophan and tyrosine are beneficial amino acids in egg yolks with antioxidant properties. These offer protection from damage caused free radicals in the body. Vitamins and minerals in eggs facilitate normal functioning of cells in the brain and nervous system and those that regulate metabolism and memory.
4. Tomatoes: Tomatoes offer more health benefits than you can imagine. They are good for heart health and can help in preventing constipation. Tomatoes contain good amount of folic and alpha-lipoic acid, both of which can help in fighting against depression. Tomatoes help the body convert glucose into energy while also stabilising mood.
(Nmami Agarwal is nutritionist at Nmami Life)
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.