- Sedentary lifestyle and an unhealthy diet is linked to belly fat
- Crunches can also be very beneficial if you want to melt belly fat
- Proteins and fiber help in quick weight loss
The festival of colours has just gone. We all tend to binge on sweets, sweetened beverages and miss our workout routines during the festivals. This is what leads to weight gain and belly fat. Well! Now it is time to come back to normal routine. Starting with a healthy diet and exercise routine will help you get in better shape. It is extremely important to cut down belly fat as it puts people at a higher risk of conditions like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and much more. Unhealthy eating habits, sedentary lifestyle, lack of sleep and genes are some of the reasons that lead to belly fat. In the following article, let us talk about some quick and simple exercises and a healthy diet which can help you melt belly fat.
Some simple but effective exercises that will help melt belly fat:
- Even thirty minutes of brisk walk everyday can help in melting belly fat. Walking can help burn calories really fast. In addition, walking can help control your blood sugar levels, manage high blood pressure and strengthen your bones
- Just like any other high intensity workout, Zumba too can help cut down fat around your belly. It will also reduce your risk of heart disease, lower your blood pressure and bad cholesterol. Even better, this workout does require any equipment. Moreover, performing this exercise is super fun
- Crunches can also be very beneficial if you want to melt belly fat. Crunches help in reducing belly fat while also strengthening the abdominal muscles
- Like walking, cycling can also be a great exercise for shedding those extra kilos.Cycling helps in burning calories and is great for overall health. You can try going to nearby places by cycling
- Squats is a strenuous strength-training exercise can help you lose your belly fat and excess body fat in other regions. This exercise is also great for getting those six pack abs
Healthy diet to melt belly fat:
Along with these fat burning exercises, you also need to have a healthy and balanced diet to melt belly fat. You must also limit the intake of fats and carbohydrates if you want a belly fat. Also, your diet should focus on proteins and fiber. This is because these two nutrients help in controlling your appetite thereby preventing you to overeat in the next meal.
Some healthy foods like whole eggs, chicken, fish, nuts and seeds, dairy products, fresh fruits and vegetables, soya products, whole grains, lentils and legumes.
You should also limit the intake of fatty, deep fried and junk foods. Avoid binging on processed and frozen food as these foods are loaded with chemicals and do not provide any nutritional value.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)