Neem and jaggery are very healthy by their inherent nature. Here are some of their health benefits:
Jaggery is the healthy alternative to white sugar and an unrefined sugar without any additives. It is obtained from raw, concentrated sugar cane juice, by boiling it and then making it into a block. Jaggery has a host of health benefits:
- It is known to increase immunity an provides energy over an extended period of time.
- Since it is a complex carbohydrate unlike sugar, it stays in the system longer. It aids digestion and keeps constipation at bay.
- It is used as a healthy sweetening agent and is a good source of nutrirents.
- Unlike sugar, jaggery is very rich in minerals, predominantly iron with traces of other mineral salts.
- It effectively cleans the respiratory tracts, lungs, food pipe, stomach and intestines.
- It is less likely to cause acidity as compared to sugar.
- Apart from its various health benefits, neem has numerous benefits for the skin and hair. Whether it is pimples, annoying blackheads, fine lines, dandruff, hair fall, neem can get rid of all these and more.
- Neem twigs are used for cough, asthma, hemorrhoids, intestinal worms, low sperm levels, urinary disorders, and diabetes. People in the tropics sometimes chew neem twigs instead of using toothbrushes, but this can cause illness; neem twigs are often contaminated with fungi within 2 weeks of harvest and should be avoided.
- Believed to cure various conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis, back pain and muscle soreness with its medicinal properties.
- The bark is used for malaria, stomach and intestinal ulcers, skin diseases, pain, and fever.
- The flower is used for reducing bile, controlling phlegm, and treating intestinal worms.
- Some people apply neem directly to the skin to treat head lice, skin diseases, wounds, and skin ulcers; as a mosquito repellent; and as a skin softener.
- It helps get rid of intestinal worms, helps overcome indigestion and constipation.
- It helps overcome gastritis and hyperacidity.
- Neem is also known to aid in loss of belly fat, fight dandruff, hair loss and itchy scalp, get rid of dark elbows, and lighten acne scars.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.