- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids are good for your brain
- Turmeric helps in improving brain performance
- Berries are considered to be great brain superfoods
1. Omega-3 fatty acids: Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids like flaxseeds, walnuts and fatty fish are known to be good for your brain and its functions. They also help in countering inflammation.
2. Turmeric: Our good old haldi is a wonder spice. According to studies, people who consume turmeric on a regular basis have shown better brain performance than those who don't. Use it in curries or dissolve some in your glass of milk and drink daily.
3. Green leafy vegetables: Rich in vitamin K and Folic acid that helps the brain function with ease, green leafy vegetables also helps boost memory and prevent dementia.
5. Foods rich in Vitamin C: Vitamin C acts as a powerful antioxidant that helps in fighting disease-causing free radicals. Foods like red peppers, oranges, broccoli and strawberry are packed with Vitamin C and are known to reduce the risk of Alzheimer's.
While it's hard to predict what really triggers Alzheimer's, a good diet can certainly help in keeping your body and brain healthy.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.