"This suggests that inflammation during pregnancy is just one of the factors. It needs to work with additional factors to lead all the way to that outcome," Gloria Choi, Assistant Professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) was quoted by IANS. The studies were carried out mice module and called for further research.
The significance of a balanced diet during pregnancy must not be overlooked. Keep the following dietary facts handy to sail through your pregnancy with ease:
- An expecting woman must ensure loading up on vitamin C-enriched foods to boost immunity and ward off bacterial, viral ailments.
- Nutrients like iron, calcium, omega 3, fibre, protein, calcium, vitamin D and folate among others are extremely important during pregnancy.
- Regular folate intake assumes great importance as its lack has been tied to triggering spinal and neural tube defects in the newborn.
- If you are pregnant, ensure keeping a check on your processed food consumption and steer clear of refined sugar, spicy and oil-laden foods.
- Food consumed should be sourced from choicest of ingredients and must be cooked with utmost hygiene.
Inputs from IANS