- Berries are rich in antioxidants that help fight disease
- Omega-3 fats from fish & nuts are known for anti-inflammatory effects
- You must also maintain healthy weight and exercise regularly
1. Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants that help fight disease and inflammation in the body. Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are all rich in Vitamin C which helps in reducing the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) by controlling urination and swelling.
2. Fatty Fish: Fatty fish like salmon, trout, herring and tuna are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that are known to boost prostate health. Omega-3 fatty acids are known for anti-inflammatory effects.
3. Nuts: Nuts and seeds are full of healthy fats such as monounsaturated fats and Omega-3 along with Vitamin E which is known to protect against prostate cancer.
5. Fruits and vegetables that contain lycopene: Lycopene is a pigment that adds a red colour to your fruits and vegetables. It is known to be a powerful antioxidant. Tomatoes, watermelons, grapefruits, guava and papaya contain lycopene and are good options to boost prostate health.
Apart from a good diet, you must also maintain healthy weight and exercise regularly to prevent prostate problems, especially as you age.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.