- For Trade Apprentice: The prescribed qualification shall be from a recognized University / Institute as a full time, regular course in relevant discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate for General & OBC candidates and 45% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates against reserved positions.
- For Technician Apprentice: The prescribed qualification shall be from a recognized University / Institute as a full time, regular / sandwich Diploma course in Engineering in relevant discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate for General & OBC candidates and 45% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates against reserved positions.
- The candidates should not have undergone Apprenticeship earlier or pursuing Apprenticeship Training as per the Apprentices Act, 1961 as amended from time to time.
- Candidates, who have training or job experience for a period of one year or more after acquiring the prescribed qualifications etc., are not eligible for being engaged as Technician Apprentice.
- The applicant for the position of Technician Apprentices must not have completed three years after passing of the qualifying examination as on 31.10.2017.
- Candidate must not be younger than 18 years and older than 24 years as on October 31, 2017.
The application can be submitted online only through the IOCL official website. The link to apply online is available in the 'Latest Job Opening' section of the website. The online application will start on November 17 and end on November 26, 2017.
Written Test will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's). There will be 85 questions carrying one mark each. Each correct answer will carry 1 mark. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
From the total 85 objective type questions, 50 questions shall be from the concerned discipline and 35 questions on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English/Hindi, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge. Duration of Written Test shall be of 120 minutes i.e. two hours.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.