"These students yesterday complained of nausea, stomach upset and headache after having dinner at their hostel mess on Saturday", Akhtar Parvez, IIM Public Relations Officer, said.
"Most of them were rushed to the IIM nursing home and serious ones were taken to private hospitals", he said.
"Eleven of the ailing students are still being treated at two private hospitals, Choithram and Unique, where their condition was said to be out of danger. A high-level team from IIM, including medical experts, was probing the incident of suspected food poisoning", Mr Parvez said.
When contacted, district Chief Medical and Health Officer (CMHO) Sharad Pandit told PTI that no one from the IIM administration reported the matter to the State Government and they came to know about it from today's newspapers.
Two Food Safety Officers have been directed to visit the IIM mess and take stock of the situation, he added.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.