20 students taken ill after consuming free milk in Puducherry

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Puducherry:  In a suspected case of food poisoning, twenty students of a government school fell ill after drinking milk supplied under the free breakfast scheme.

Official sources said the students of government higher secondary school at Karayambuthur complained of nausea soon after taking the milk and were immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, where they were treated as outpatients and sent home.

It was alleged that a lizard that had fallen into the milk was the cause of the health problem.

The school authorities stopped further distribution of the milk after the twenty children were taken ill.

The free breakfast scheme named after former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was launched by the Congress government in 2001.


Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................