- The police have traced the hired car in which Sheena Bora was allegedly strangled. The person who provided the car is likely to be interrogated soon, say sources.
- Sheena's younger brother, Mikhael Bora told investigators that his mother's plan was to murder him as well. He was staying at the same hotel in which Indrani Mukerjea's former husband, and one of the three accused in the murder, Sanjeev Khanna was staying. Mr Bora claimed that he was offered water laced with drugs, but he had managed to escape.
- According to sources, Mr Khanna confirmed Mr Bora's claims that he could have been the next target, after allegedly confessing to his complicity in Sheena Bora's murder.
- On Friday, police sources said that Ms Mukerjea lost her cool when she was confronted by her son at the Khar police station, and that she accused him of trying to extort money from her.
- The police said that, Sanjeev Khanna, Ms Mukerjea and her driver picked up Ms Bora from Mumbai's famous Linking Road, gave her water laced with drugs, and then killed her in the car on April 24, 2012. Police has sought call records of all three accused for further investigation.
- Sheena's body was stuffed into a suitcase and burnt in the forests of Raigad, 84 km from Mumbai, according to the police. The Maharashtra Police chief has ordered an inquiry into why no case was registered by Raigad police in 2012.
- Till her arrest this week, Ms Mukerjea had projected her children, Sheena and Mikhael, as her younger siblings. Ms Bora, who initially lived with Ms Mukerjea and her husband Peter Mukerjea, met and fell in love with Rahul Mukerjea, Peter Mukerjea's son from an earlier marriage.
- Rahul Mukerjea, who was secretly engaged to Ms Bora when she was killed, was asked by the police why he didn't push harder when he was told by her mother that she had moved to the US. The police say Ms Bora's passport was found in Dehradun at the family home of Rahul Mukerjea and his mother.
- During a face-to-face interaction with Ms Mukerjea yesterday, Rahul Mukerjea was asked by the police about any possible links of his father Peter Mukerjea to the murder. He allegedly responded, "Why don't you ask her (Indrani Mukerjea)?"
- The police have indicated that Ms Bora may have played a role in alleged illicit financial transactions carried out by Ms Mukerjea and Peter Mukerjea.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.