70 Ill After Consuming 'Prasad' During Ganesh Chaturthi

After consuming 'prasad' in the school premises at Nuagaon around 70 people including students, parents and school staff complained of vomiting, nausea and loose motion.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
70 Ill After Consuming 'Prasad' During Ganesh Chaturthi

After consuming 'prasad' in the school premises at Nuagaon around 70 people fell ill (Representational)


Balasore, Odisha:  At least 70 people, mostly students, fell ill after consuming 'prasad' during Ganesh Chaturthi festival in a school in Balasore district, officials said today.

After consuming 'prasad' in the school premises at Nuagaon around 70 people including students, parents and school staff complained of vomiting, nausea and loose motion yesterday, they said.

They were shifted to nearby hospitals at Baliapal and Basta for treatment.

Chief Medical Officer of Balasore district, Bibekananda Das said contaminated food was suspected to have caused the incident. A medical team was sent to the school and all the affected persons have recovered from illness, he said.

An inquiry has been ordered into the incident and food samples have been sent for examination, said a senior official. 


Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................