Just like there's no light without the dark and no good without the bad, 2015 had its fair share of doozies, most of which we'd love to erase from our memories.
Here are five of the worst:
1. Sunny Leone in and as Super Girl From China: There's a reason she was the 'Most Googled Indian of 2015.' We're sorry but when Baby Doll turned into Super Girl (From China) it was just plain distasteful and extremely difficult to watch. You're better off without those offensive costumes and there's really no need to propagate those ridiculous stereotypes (the 'maid,' the 'nurse,' especially the remote-controlled doll), Sunny.
2. Sonam Kapoor's feathered dress at Cannes: Trendsetter Sonam's fashion choices are usually received with delight. However, when she walked the Cannes red carpet back in May dressed in a sorbet-coloured feathered and beaded Elie Saab dress, the Internet had a meltdown.
Twitter, which hated the dress, spewed out comparisons aplenty - Sesame Street's Big Bird, cabbage, grass, hay, Cousin Itt from The Addams Family - to describe Sonam's dress.
We know she's probably the only star who could look even remotely passable in such a dress, but the fashion-forwardness (if any) of this outfit was lost on most.
3. The Messenger of God: They didn't inflict just one film on us, they made TWO. Go figure.
4. Sam Pepper's 'kidnapping prank': It's not easy to offend millions with just one video, but Sam Pepper managed just fine. His 'prank' - if you can even call it that - involved pretend-kidnapping and killing a man's best friend in front of him, just to see his reaction. The video is so repulsive, people have signed a petition on Change.org demanding that his YouTube channel be disabled. This was so not worth it.
5. Donald Trump: Almost every statement made by the businessman-turned-US-presidential-candidate was provocative. Enough said.