Mumbai: A minor accused was arrested in the second Shakti Mills gang-rape case on Tuesday. He was detained earlier in the day.
Among the five accused of the gang-rape of a 19-year-old call centre worker on July 31, three are already in police custody.
Days after the accused in the gang-rape of a 22-year-old photojournalist confessed they had brutalized other women too, the 19-year-old said she too was gang-raped by at least three of them. A minor was involved in the earlier case too.
The woman, in her statement to the police, said five men assaulted her in the abandoned Shakti Mills compound in the heart of Mumbai on July 31. (Read)
In a modus operandi eerily similar to the August 22 incident, the 19-year-old said her attackers tied up her male friend who had accompanied her to the mills before assaulting her.
Police sources said the call centre worker was so traumatised after the incident that she left Mumbai for Chhattisgarh without informing anyone.
Since a missing complaint was filed by her family, the police called the 19-year-old upon her return to Mumbai on Sunday.
It was then that she revealed her ordeal to the police and even identified the three men already under arrest in connection with a similar assault on the photojournalist, sources said.
This is the second case involving the Shakti Mills gang-rape accused, who have admitted to assaulting other women in the past, including a ragpicker, who is yet to come forward to record her statement.
If found to be serial offenders, the accused may end up spending their entire lives behind bars.